Monday, August 25, 2008

Good Week


Sorry for the lack of updates but, it's not because Colin hasn't been happy. In fact, it's just the opposite!! Colin has given more smiles in the past week than he has in his entire life!! All day long Mommy gets smiles. I always adored my serious Colin but, happy Colin is so much fun!!

Colin started Pool Therapy last week and he did fantastic! We are so proud of him. He was in a new place with a new therapist and the pool was huge!! I stayed by the pool the whole time but, he barely looked at me and he had so much fun. I am amazed at how fearless he is (of course he did go through 3 heart surgeries so a pool is a walk in the park).
Colin has been on a 22 hour feed for the past week and so far so good. It's been nice to take him places without the food backpack. His mysterious temps are getting better-we haven't hit 102 in a week!! Colin is sleeping great again too.

This weekend is Colin's 2nd birthday and a huge milestone. This past year has been extremely difficult for Colin and we are so happy that we are able to celebrate another birthday. Colin is getting a Wiggles cake!!

Another huge event for Colin is coming up in a few weeks. He will be the ringbearer in Uncle Alex and Aunt Jamee's wedding. He tried on his tux jacket this weekend and it fit perfectly (except for the arms!!) It's a 2T and I was nervous that it would be too big but, he looked so handsome. Colin also proved that he's sneakier than we all think this weekend. Uncle Al and Aunt Jamee babysat Colin for a few hours and he managed to get away without taking a nap!! When they put him down he threw up a little and then smiled-well he got picked up after that!! He has them wrapped around his finger!!
On a sad note, Colin's favorite sports talk duo, Mike and the Mad Dog broke up after 19 years, so he can no longer watch them on YES. The picture below is an old photo of Colin watching his buddies........




9 comments:

  1. You guys are TOO funny...serious Colin and Happy Colin...they almost look like two different babies! I cannot believe how big he looks in that picture...just sitting up like a big boy. He's a superstar for sure!!!!
    Give him a big fat kiss for us!
    and take care of yourself Melanie...eat some brownies and ice cream!
    love,
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We cannot wait to see Colin this weekend for his 2nd birthday. Makes me smile to see him smile and not have those fevers. Hope to see him enjoy some of that "Wiggles" cake. See you Thursday afternoon.
    Love, hugs and kisses
    Nanna and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Colin is doing well in therapy. He is smiling because he knows his cousins are coming up and he can beat up on Kaylee because she is the only one smaller than he is. See you all on Saturday. Love, Aunt Laurie +3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for your good week! Aren't those little improvements sooo nice to see? You'll have to let me know if you see physical improvements from the water therapy. We're thinking about enrolling Elijah in that.

    Can't wait for 2nd bday pics. Wow, what a big boy! Two years old already. Thanks for the smiley pic. It is such a nice smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great update. I want to see a picture of Colin in a Speedo for his pool therapy sessions. I'm sure his Daddy has one from when he was a little boy and swam on the swim team! Love, Auntie Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS. What was Colin doing watching YES anyway? That's the Yankees network!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah for a good week! I just love that smiling little face - so handsome!

    Hope the water therapy goes well... great environment to work in! I've also thought about getting Vaeh into an equestrian therapy program here, but she's too young yet (have to be 4 or 5 I think?).

    I agree with Kathy - brownies & ice cream! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love seeing that handsome little guy smile! He looks so big sitting up in that big boy chair.

    How exciting..2 years old!! I can't wait to see the birthday pics!

    Take care,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm sure you wont remember but-I met Colin's Dad (I'm sorry- I forgot your names) last December in the Marsha Freed Computer Room at Children's Hospital. My Daughter Cassidy has TOF, with PA and MAPCA's. She completed her repair in Nov. and is doing great! I can't believe it's taken me this long to check out Colin's blog- but I'm glad I did. He's such a cutie. 2 years old- what a wonderful milestone. I remember you mentioning a "Tetralogy webring" I'd love to hear more about that. Please feel free to check out Cassidy's Carepage: www.carepages.com page name: cassidylisa
    Take care,
    Traci Lisa

    ReplyDelete