Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursday Evening Update.....

Today, Colin had another busy day...he went for two walks, watched 10 episodes of the Wiggles, and enjoyed a trip to Wegmans with mommy and daddy. He even squeezed in time tonight to enjoy a Lorna Doone as seen in Exhibit A below. Well I guess he tried...he ate some of it, then gagged, but he didn't throw up. He definitely does not like solids going down his throat so that is something we will have to work on.
Colin also found out today that he will be working with our good friend Heather Milligan. She will be his Occupational Therapist. We are excited because Colin got along great with her while we were in the hospital and she is doing us a huge favor because the waiting list for ot's is very long right now. Colin can't wait to play with Heather!!
So we have been getting scared that Colin is holding onto fluid. In the morning he wakes up with slightly puffy eyes. We also tossed him on our scale and he went from 19.6 lbs last Friday to 20 lbs today. We called Dr. K and told him we were weighing him daily and he said "Don't do that". He doesn't want us to do anything that stresses us out which ultimately causes stress for him. The bright side is we have been calling the office and leaving messages and not calling his cell phone and interrupting him. We will see him again tomorrow for a weight check and blood check to make sure his blood is not too thick.
Cute photo I took on the stairs today.....Does he look puffy in the face to you?

Colin enjoying his Lorna......


Exhibit A

8 comments:

  1. Cute pics! Try not to stress and obsess about the puffiness too much. If he's retaining fluid, his body will definitely let you know about it. I can't see anything at all from the pics.

    I'm so glad you were able to get out a bit. Elijah just loves the Wiggles (even though I find them seriously annoying) and smiles and giggles through it all.

    Take care! Sending you guys hugs...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in all of you and so happy to see Colin looking so good! What a cutie pie he is. Love the smiles!! Sounds like everyones prayers are working. Glad that you are finding some "normalcy" as a family.

    All our best.
    Jani & Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little boy is adorable! I found your blog via Elijah's and have a heart boy myself (TGA).

    If he looks swollen at all, it just looks like regular ol' morning puffy (like me every morning) not like he is retaining fluid.

    Your cardio gave you great advice - daily weight checks will drive you crazy!

    I can't believe you have your cardio's cell phone. Apparently I cannot be trusted with that kind of information - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colin has the most beautiful smile. I love the way he is eyeing the Lorna Doone in Exhibit A. I'm so happy that you got favorite OT back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may be partial to red hair but Colin is absolutely handsome and the color fits him well. Getting out and about what a treat for the 3 of you. I need to catch up on children shows Wiggles? What happened to Barney and Big Bird? Did they grow up? Hope to see you all soon. Take care...oh and did I tell you Colin is beautiful. He loves the water ..next is a pool. I think I read that in one of the daily blogs and a puppy too. Love the smiles and the red hair.
    Love ya Auntie Cyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi--Just wait. I've had dreams about Wiggle Greg that I cannot share online. Is that sad or what?

    Colin is looking so sweet and I can't wait to see him on Sunday.

    Love, GB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colin is looking great.....so glad to see he is trying some finger foods. Who cares if he doesn't eat it....he wears it well!!! No puffiness in my opinion, he is adorable. Keep up the good work. Will continue to send prayers and of course hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's looking great...I can't see the puff either...but, you know..you look at him everyday. Isaac always gets puffy in the hands and arms and then it works it's way up (that's how I notice it on him).
    Those pictures are just adorable...he looks fantastic!!! That's a funny doc you have...telling you not to stress out so that you don't stress Colin out...so DON"T STRESS OUT!!!
    Looking back at his hospital pics...he's amazing!!!
    Hope you guys have a good weekend!!!
    kathy

    ReplyDelete