Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Days Are Back..........For Now......

Colin is back in a good mood...for a few days at least so we decided to post some pictures again....Sorry to all who check it everyday....we promise to post more often......
Isn't he getting so big?? He's up to 25# and 30 1/2" long!! Colin has gained 7 lbs and 3 1/2 inches in length since we've been home from Boston!! Now we were told (again) at our Friday office visit that Colin's echo is still unchanged and his heart doesn't look any better. But, all Tim and I heard was blah, blah, blah because Colin has never looked better to us than he has the past couple of weeks. So many positive things are happening for Colin:
1) He's growing like crazy.
2) He loves his therapy and is gaining strength and endurance every session.
3) He is so interested in all of his toys and will play and play all day.
4) He is on less diuretics than he has been on in a year.
5) He is getting the most calories that he has ever gotten in his life (and tolerating this).
6) He is throwing up a lot less (about 2x/day) and most of the time he gags himself.
7) He is able to tolerate being on his stomach.
8) He is starting to babble a lot-sometimes too much at 2 am!!
So, Tim and I are really encouraged by all of Colin's progress. We know that he is getting better. We can just tell by everything that he is doing. Plus, we have to keep reminding each other what we were told by Boston before we left....it is going to take a LONG time for Colin's heart to show improvement. Dr. Freed stressed that we needed to have a LOT of patience.
Enjoy the pictures and the video!!

Look at me standing!!



Look I'm starting to move!! (wait for the little smile at the end....wait for it....wait for it...)

7 comments:

  1. He looks wonderful!!! Much better with a smile than that frown! So good to hear that he is doing so well & what a big guy he's getting to be! He's only a pound shy & 2 inches shy of Vaeh!

    He looks great standing! I agree, they can "blah, blah,blah..." all they want because he looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know...we might not need that wagon after all!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH!@! That smile was TOTALLY worth waiting for (little stinker!)...
    I still can't believe how well he's doing. STANDING, sitting up by himself...and he does look awesome. I'm glad that you just hear the blah blah blah's at the doctors office...because what you see at home is all that matters (I should have taken that advice when I freaked myself out about Isaac's tcells). These kiddos have us on turtle time for SURE...and, before Isaac, I don't think that I would consider myself a "patient mom"..but, now...I'd wait an eternity ...no problemo!

    Hey...what exactly are they looking for improvement in (in regards to his heart)??

    So...you guys should really make a trip out to Vegas...I'll remind you again during the middle of your dreadful winter...I'll send you a pic of us in our pool to lure you away!!!

    thanks for the update...we love it!!!
    lots of love,
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna and I are checking out the blog while Kelsey sleeps. She was mesmorized by the video and can't wait to meet her Auntie, Uncle and cousin Colin next weekend. Colin looks great and your report made my day. I just can't wait to hug and squeeze him! Love, Auntie Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just got home from our camping trip to the Amish Country in Lancaster, PA and we saw this blog last night on Grandpa's blackberry but waited to comment today and watch the video again on the big screen computer. Colin is looking real well and even has a little look in his eye that he will break loose real soon. So glad that he is gaining weight and length. Great about his therapies. Keep up the constant working with them and with Colin. We cannot wait to see him in August. Keep the pics coming on the blog. We check every day. Love to all.
    Nanna and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks great! I love his little smile at the end of the video. He sure doesn't show alot of expressions does he? Little stinker!

    I'm glad to hear your looking at all the positives because there are so many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolute cutie (as always). I just want to munch on those chubby cheeks! I can't believe how much weight he has gained! What a champ! You are right to tell how he is doing based on observing him. That says a lot. All those things you listed are very positive and WONDERFUL. He is doing great! In time, his heart will show improvement. The heart does A LOT of work, so it needs lots of time to heal.

    Have a good weekend! Thanks for the Colin fix. I love how stone-faced he is. :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete